The OSM Center recently announced the Fairfield County High School Student Athlete scholarship winners. The awards are made annually to outstanding high school seniors who excel in three areas: student athletic achievements, academic accomplishments, and community service.
The scholarships are open to high school athletes planning to attend college in the Fall of 2019 and who attend high schools where OSM serves as team physicians. Those high schools include Bassick, Bunnell, Bridgeport Central, Fairfield Ludlowe, Fairfield Warde, Masuk, Notre Dame, St. Joseph, Stratford, Trumbull, and Warren Harding.
The OSM Physicians have reviewed all applications and made their decision. Out of the many extremely talented high school applicants OSM received, the following Fairfield County high school student athletes really stood out and exceled in their athletic achievements, academic accomplishments and engagement within their community. The 2019 OSM Annual Scholarship winners are:
- Jayleen Herrera Bunnell HS graduate first in her class- will be attending Harvard University to study Cognitive Neuroscience and Evolutionary Psychology.
- Avery Oracheff: Fairfield Warde HS graduate- will be attending University of Virginia, hoping to pursue a career in hospital administration.
- Madison Cerny: Fairfield Ludlowe HS graduate- will be attending UCONN to study health science.
- Braydon Seaburg: Stratford HS graduate- will be attending Quinnipiac and is aspiring to be a college baseball coach once he graduates college.
- Benjamin Talbot: St. Joseph’s HS graduate- will be attending College of Holy Cross where he will play baseball while studying physics and astronomy in hopes of eventually working for NASA.
- Justin LaSella: Notre Dame HS graduate- will be attending Quinnipiac and is enrolled in the entry level PA program.
- Nolan McCarter: Masuk HS graduate class president- will be attending the University of Miami to pursue studies in mechanical engineering with a concentration in biomechanics.
- Ryan Cranston: Trumbull HS graduate- will be attending Norwich University to pursue a political science degree and plans to be part of the ROTC military program.
Congratulations to all 2019 scholarship recipients. We commend you on your outstanding efforts and contributions to the community and we wish you all the best on your future endeavors.
OSM includes orthopaedic surgeons: Michael R. Redler, M.D., Peter S. Boone, M.D., Gerard J. Girasole, M.D., David J. Martin, M.D., James I. Spak, M.D., Mark E. Wilchinsky, M.D., Curtis L. Campbell, M.D. and Nathan P. Douglass, M.D., In addition: Isaac Cohen, M.D., Gene Tekmyster, D.O., Michelle Pagliaro Haywood, D.C., Benjamin G. Barnes, D.C., John M. Carravone, PA-C, Michael J. Hann, PA-C, Stephanie Gohlsch, PA-C, Kaitlyn A. Nadler, ATC.
OSM surgeons specialize in all aspects of bone and joint surgery as well as sports medicine and spine surgery. The team also consists of chiropractors, physiatrists, physician assistants, and athletic trainers.
OSM has offices in Trumbull, Fairfield, Shelton, and Westport as well as The OSM Therapy Centers in Trumbull, Fairfield, and Shelton. OSM also offers a walk-in clinic, OSMSTAT, at their Trumbull and Westport locations for your urgent orthopaedic needs. Find out more at www.osmstat.com.